Busy as a Bee
That is what I've been since my last post. I've actually had work to do at my job. Yay! My office is co-hosting an art exhibit called Rooster Crowing Auspice; Art of the Zodiac: Celebrating the Year of the Rooster" from March 11-April 30, 2005 at the Watkins Community Museum of History located at 1047 Massachusetts Street in Lawrence, Kansas. Since this year is the lunar year of the Rooster, this exhibit will display artwork of various medium that feature the rooster. So if you get the chance, I highly reccomend going to Lawrence to check out the exhibit and be all cultural and stuff. (I designed the brochure that I believe will be available at the exhibit.) If you go on a Sunday, check out my favorite restaraunt in Lawrence, the Mad Greek. They have an all-you-can-eat buffet on Sundays from like 11:00 - 1:00 or something that is so yummy!!! But their regular menu is pretty tasty as well. I'm sure I'll probably organize an outing on some Sunday, so let me know if you are interested in going. I'll probably make a posting when I decide on the date.
Another task that is near completion is booking plane tickets for Taiwan. If you don't know, Jason and I are having our wedding in Taiwan on May 28, 2005. (We got already got "married" on October 21, 2004 in KC at the courthouse to make it legal in the U.S. We will have a reception in KC this September.) 10 of us are going to spend a week in Taiwan and be tourists. I'll be sure to post pix and stuff when the time comes.
So I went to the Omni's for the first time ever. Jason worked on 2 ads/campaigns that were nominated, and if I remember correctly, one of them won an Omni. (I would name the ads/campaigns, but I don't know what the ediquette is. I don't want to get in trouble.) Congrats to everyone who was nominated and who won awards. It was a fun evening... I think. Thanks to my friends at an agency that will remain nameless, I drank an entire bottle of wine by myself and, because I have acquired a low tolerance for alcohol in my old age, I proceeded to get really drunk and throw up in the wonderful bathroom of the downtown Marriott all night.
But lucky for me, I managed to drink enough water and take enough Advil to cure my hangover before going to see "Mama Mia" at the Music Hall. I must say, I love the theatre! So much fun!
So then Monday was Valentine's Day. Jason came home from work with flowers and surprised, not only me, but also his mom and my "friend" Penny. He's such a good guy! He also got me THE BEST PILLOW EVER!! I can't even begin to describe how soft and cuddly it is! Anyway, we celebrated V-day by having a nice dinner (I LOVE LOBSTER!!) at home (in pajamas!! I LOVE PAJAMAS!!!!!!!) with our dogs (I LOVE MY DOGS!!) and watched a suspenseful, but heart-breaking KU game (I LOVE KU!!). But I must say:
- Even though they made some silly mistakes, I still love my Jayhawks
- I'd rather lose now than in March
- I'd rather lose to Texas Tech rather than to someone like K-State or MU
BONUS: long weekend!!! I have Monday off for Presidents' Day!!!
4 Comments:
Great, now I HAVE to try the punch because it's been built up so much!
No, I was actually drunk by 4 and hungover by 7. That's how much fun I am!
I like how you put "friend" in quotes. It makes it look like Penny is your life partner. Is Jason just your beard?
Thanks for having us over! You were a tremendous hostess. As always.
home equity loans
Post a Comment
<< Home