Friday, February 25, 2005

The healing power of bubble tea

I stayed home from work Wednesday and took a sick day. I was actually sick; for real this time. I felt a little better yesterday, but I still felt pretty crappy throughout the morning and threw up twice. But my wonderful co-worker, for no reason at all, brought me a bubble tea after lunch. After having some, I didn't feel nausious anymore! Yay for bubble tea! Who knew bubble tea had healing powers?

8 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love bubble tea! Who would have thought that it had such remarkable healing properties? LOL

I hope that you are feeling better!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Thank you, anonymous reader! I am actually good as new today.

But I hate/love being in suspense. Since you didn't sign your name, I'm curious to know who you are.

 
At 1:34 PM, Blogger Shanshu said...

Bubble tea...hmm. Sounds ominous. I can't wait to try some.

 
At 1:43 PM, Blogger Tass said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Tass said...

Okay, I give. What is bubble tea?

 
At 1:44 PM, Blogger Tass said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 1:56 PM, Blogger Connie said...

Wow! I didn't realize I had so many readers!

Basically, bubble tea (aka "pearl milk tea") is tea, coffee, fruit jucie, basically whatever kind of beverage you like, that has tapioca balls (the "bubbles" or "pearls") in it. I think this link can explain it better than I can. (You can also click on the link above.) http://www.bubbleteasupply.com/index.php?page=what.html
It is big in Taiwan, where I was born, but is starting to pop up in the U.S., including good old Kansas City. Like I said, you can get it in all kinds of flavors, but my personal favorite is what I believe is the original flavor: black tea.

 
At 9:02 AM, Blogger Kristin said...

Agh, it's my fault that you were sick. I'm so, so sorry!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home