Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Lime makes everything better...

Thanks to my wonderful friend, Katy, I have found a new favorite chip: Tostitos with a touch of lime. She brought them over Saturday for the BBQ in her honor. I tried them with nachos and they were YUM-MY!!!! Then yesterday after going to the dentist when the entire bottom half of my face was numb and after I dribbled cheese soup all over my chin, I decided to nibble on an un-cheesed chip and they were DE-LISH!! If you are ever so inclined, I highly reccomend the touch of lime Tostitos. Another reccommendation: diet coke with lime. Lime really does make everything better. And no, I am not a spokesperson for Tostitos or Diet Coke. But that's not to say I wouldn't be if they offered.

So, I would say the BBQ for Katy was successful, though it was a bummer that KU lost, again, and that Elizabeth and I pooped out early. Sorry, Katy! But the punch got drank and no one got hurt. :)

Sunday was also fun. A bunch of us went to my parents' house for a late Chinese New Year dinner. Aside from the tons of food, the search for pennies was especially fun! Apparently there is a tradition of hiding a coin inside dumplings, and the people who find them are considered lucky, and thus, should go and buy lottery tix. Elizabeth was especially lucky. She found 2 pennies, while some didn't find any at all. We were all stuffed by then, but were determined to find all the pennies. I found one after eating around 3 or 4 dumplings. Penny, on the other hand, really wanted a penny and ate 9 before finally finding one! That girl can eat!! She is half my size but can eat twice as much! Anyway, I am especially proud of my friends for trying everything. There wasn't anything too weird. I think sea cucumber was probably the only wierd thing that was served. But everyone tried it and I am very happy about that. I hope everyone had a great time and enjoyed the authentic, home-made Chinese food.

Sunday evening, I went to Kristin's and watched "Love Actually," drank the best tea ever, and knitted. Sadly, I also discovered that I lost one of my knitting needles. I thought I left it at home by mistake, but I looked and can't find it. Oh well.

Monday, my office was closed in observence of President's Day. I celebrated by enjoying a wonderful massage and body wrap. I purchased a gift certificate at a fund raiser last year. Like I said, it was wonderful!!! But then I had a dentist appointment afterwards, which kinda sucked.
Lesson to be learned: don't go to the dentis AFTER a massage.

1 Comments:

At 9:40 AM, Blogger Shanshu said...

What about Tequilla LIME Chicken at Applebee's? That stuff is good, too!

Wow..limes are pretty cool.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home