Friday, March 04, 2005

Have you ever wondered if DJs speak in their radio voices when they aren't on air?

Apparently they do, or at least one in the KC metro area does. I won't say who, but I had to giggle when I heard the stereo-typical radio voice on my voicemail at work this morning. Well, I guess I should consider that I don't listen to this particular station...EVER...and thus, have never heard this DJ on air, but like I said, he had that stereotypical radio voice.

5 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Jen said...

Or their off-air voices are their radio voices; I'm pretty sure Greg sounds the same on and off the air.

 
At 9:05 AM, Blogger Shanshu said...

After all of the DJ's that I have known/met over the years, I have to say that almost all of them (the experienced ones, anyway) speak the same off the air, as they do on the air. Greg and DJ Kirby are good examples; they are the same in both instances.

 
At 9:35 AM, Blogger Connie said...

OK, so you have both just sucked the humor out of my post! :) I know what Greg and other various DJ's around town sound like on and off air. And they sound like normal people. But the DJ I am speaking of just cracked my shit up because he didn't sound like a normal person.

Did you ever see the "Friends" episode where Joey was auditioning to be a game show host? Well, his "game show host" voice was different than his usual speaking voice. This is a perfect example of what this DJ's voice sounded like. I guess I didn't know people actually spoke like that.

 
At 10:53 AM, Blogger Shanshu said...

Ah, I see. Well then, yes that is funny. Sorry to ruin the humor.

 
At 1:28 PM, Blogger Elizabeth said...

I was going to post something, but I'm afraid it would suck the humor out of your post.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home