Friday, March 11, 2005

Kickin' Ass and Taking Names!!

Yesterday was the best volleyball day EVER! It was the first day of a new session; new team; more advanced league than I was in last session. I was picked to be on a power level team (I play with the KC Ski Club and they use a draft system to pick teams.). Yay! PLUS, it was a double header. I must say, I was kickin' ass and taking names! It was probably the best I've ever played in my entire life. To top it off, we won 5 of 6 games. I LOVE THIS GAME!!!!!!!!!!!!! FREAKIN' AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I would say that everyone on my new team is better than I am, which is awesome because it makes me push myself to play better and harder than I ever have; I want to play to their level, which makes me improve my skills. I mean, don't get me wrong, I love the people who were on my team last session. They were a lot of fun and are great people!! In fact, they asked me to sub on their team next week and I am ecstatic! But their skill level is right around mine, which doesn't always motivate me to push my game to the next level. But it is always fun to play volleyball! I can't wait for next week!! Hopefully I won't be drunk from all the green beer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home