Thursday, April 21, 2005

Apologies for Being MIA-PART I

Ok. So I've been MIA for about a month. I deeply apologize to my trusty readers. All...one of you. I've actually had some fun projects at work, but the mundane-ness has returned. So, I guess I've got about a month's worth of events to discuss.

I started having fittings for my wedding dress. Um, yeah...that's depressing. I mean, I look FABULOUS in my dress... standing next to normal-sized people. But I have to keep in mind that the 2 bridesmaids in the ceremony in Taiwan will be 2 of my tiny, Chinese cousins...not normal-sized people. I look like a big, sparkly, albino cow next to them. I guess having my wedding in Taiwan has bitten me in the ass. But at least I have a nice ass!!

I joined a gym about a week before Thanksgiving and have actually stuck with it pretty well, though I must admit I was a big slack ass the last two weeks. But I'm back on track this week. I started going to this "boot camp" class at my gym a few weeks ago; totally kicks my ass. My entire body is sore for few days afterwards. I don't necessarily like being sore, but I do like it in the respect that I know I worked hard if I'm sore.

Anyway, I must say that I'm quite proud of myself because I have stuck with going to the gym this long; about 5 months. Especially after I signed a two year contract at Gold's Gym a couple years ago and only went about a month and a half before I pretty much quit going. Unfortunately, I haven't noticed much difference in my body since I joined the gym this time. I still weigh the same and my clothes still fit the same, though Elizabeth tells me that she can see a difference. The only differences I have seen: I have increased the amount of weights I lift and I have improved on the treadmill and olyptical. In fact, last Tuesday, I beat my former record of running a mile in 11:11; I got my time down to 11:08. This may not sound like a very fast time to some people, but before, I couldn't even run 1/4 of a mile without stopping. So just being able to run an entire mile is a big feat in itself. My goal is to one day be able to run a 10 minute mile.

Its been hard to not get discouraged when I don't see pounds or inches come off, but I know that exercise can only be a good thing. My short-term goal is to look better for my wedding, but ultimately, its about getting healthier. I've struggled with my weight my entire life. Though now when I look back, I don't think I was as chubby as my brothers and parents made me out to be when I was younger. I've come to terms that I may not ever get down to 130 pounds, especially as I get older and it gets harder to lose weight. I read or saw somewhere that women gain about 10 pounds a year or every few years or something like that. I'm gonna keep trying to exercise and eat right and will lose what I can, but at the very least, as long as I don't gain, I will be happy. I think that's a healthy way to approach this and a good and realistic goal to have. Especially since I love cooking (and eating)!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home