Friday, April 22, 2005

Apologies for Being MIA-PART II

So Easter came and went. It happened to have fallen on my father-in-law's birthday. So the in-law's had a big dinner at their brand-spaking-new house in the middle of nowhere, Leavenworth, KS. I asked my father-in-law if I could bake him a b-day cake; I could make it in the shape of a bunny in honor of easter. He said yes so I asked him what kind of cake he wanted. He said white cake with rainbow swirls. So, I made my big, burly father-in-law a rainbow swirl birthday cake in the shape of a bunny. It was cute. :) I'll have to sit down some day at my computer at home and figure out how to post pictures on this thing. I think I have to download some stuff, which I can't do on my work computer.

April Fool's day also came and went. The only joke I got to play was on my good friend Eric. I told him I that had I just found out that I was pregnant and hadn't even told my husband yet. I laughed. He was not amused.

I guess I got to play another April Fool's joke on April 2nd, though it was not intentional. But I'm getting ahead of myself. First of all, one of my girl friends, Amy, is getting married a week before my wedding in Taiwan (if you're confused because I already referred to my "husband," we got married at the courthouse already to make the marriage legal in the U.S. since our wedding will be (May 28) out of the country). So anyway, Amy and I decided to have a joint bachelorette/spa weekend April 1-3 and rented out the Cedar Crest Lodge in Pleasanton, KS. It was such an awesome weekend!!! I highly recommend this bed & breakfast. It totally exceeded my expectations!

We just bummed around and drank Friday night, had spa treatments and took walks in the surrounding "woods" and fields and hung out by the ponds on Saturday. On Saturday afternoon, Amy's and my moms/aunts/grandmother-types came up for a very lovely bridal shower. After the shower, we found that my mother-in-law had a completely flat tire. That sucked. But luckily, one of the girls had AAA.

So earlier that day, we decided that instead of staying in, we would all go to this little saloon that we saw down the road. When we were having dinner Saturday night, and Matt & Laura (owners of the B&B) gave us their card and told us we could call them for rides if we all go too drunk to drive. That was awesome of them.


So 13 girls, including Amy and I decked out with our condom covered veils, show up at this podunk saloon. There were maybe 8 people there when we showed up. And for added fun, our friends gave us each a list of things to find, including someone who still had their Chirstmas lights up, someone who was named Billy Bob, and someone who lived in a trailer. Iit was a contest to see which one of us could cross more things off the list. The rules: 1. we could not have the same person for the same item, 2. we could only use one person per item. In other words, if Billy Bob lived in a trailer that still had Christmas lights up, we could only cross one item off our list. Needless to say, this was a pretty difficult task considering the minimal attendance at the bar. But we had a great time; more people trickled in and we met some interesting and friendly people. Amy and I also got dragged up on the bar to dance for everyone. We made $3 in tips. Woo hoo!

So here's where I unknowingly played another April Fool's joke: apparenlty, most of the people in the bar thought Amy and I were marrying each other...ie. they thought we were lesbians!

I didn't even think anything about that possibility. But I guess from the outside, people may have wondered. Tell me what you would think if you saw a bachelorette party with 2 bachelorettes wearing matching condom veils.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home