Monday, April 25, 2005

The Pleasures of Being Alone

So my hubby got a new job that starts Wednesday (Yay!). He decided to take a short vacation in Charelston, South Carolina, where his brother recently moved. So I was left to watch the homefront. I missed having him around, but I must say that I had a good time being alone. I mean, my cousin lives with me, but she was busy with her own life.

Friday evening, after having tapas and a drink with Elizabeth (she went to Indiana for the weekend to see her newborn nephew), I decided to walk around the 39th and State Line area by myself. There are a lot of cute stores up there, but I didn't wander around too long because it was butt ass cold and I wasn't prepared. I mean, WTF? Its the end of April and its been like 50 degrees!! So anyway, I went home and decided to take myself out on a date. I went to the $2 movie theatre and watched National Treasure while I ate $1.75 nachos. I'm a cheap date! :) Its the first time I've ever gone to a movie alone; not unlike going to the theatre alone. (I have a season ticket to the Theatre League by myself this year, which I have renewed for next year, because my hubby doesn't like musicals.)

Saturday morning, I got up at the butt crack of dawn to attend my first charity walk. Again, WTF? It was 48 degrees when I got into my car, said the thermometer. I did the 3 miles by myself since Jason was still in South Carolina and Elizabeth was in Indiana. I'm sure it would have been more fun had the 2 of them gone, but despite the cold, I had a good time. I had never spent a lot of time at Swope Park before, so I enjoyed the crisp morning and the scenery.

But I wasn't a loner the entire weekend. My wedding dress was finished, so Penny and I went to pick it up. It looks awesome!! But you can read about my grievences in one of the prvious posts. Anyway, after we picked up the dress, we decided to take my dogs to the park. My dogs never cease to entertain me. We were walking around the park and there was a nice scenic place next to a pond where a lot of ducks were hanging out to take a picture of Penny and my dogs. Penny took the dogs across a small bridge and I walked over to the opposite side of the pond to take the picture. I didn't worry about my dogs jumping in the pond because they don't like water, ie. they don't even go outside when its sprinkling. Well, before I was able to take the picture, Lily totally fell into the pond! I must say, it was the funniest thing I have ever seen! I can't describe how it happened, but the whole scene made me laugh my ass off: the expression on Lily's face as she was running freely before falling in, her scrambling as she hung onto the side of the walkway tring to climb up, Penny freaking out for a second because she's holding leashes attached to 2 dogs. I probably sound mean for laughing, but I was only laughing because I knew no one was in any real danger.

Saturday night, I went to a party for my friends Amy and Brennan, who are getting married a week before my wedding. Sara was my date since Jason was out of town. It was a good time!

So like I said, I missed my hubby, but I must say, it was nice to do things alone. I think in the future, I will make more time for myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home