Adventures in Taiwan: Part 2
After an energizing dinner with my relatives, my group of 8 headed back to Shiling Night Market. It was still relatively early, so things were hopping when we arrived this time. Unfortunately, we had just eaten and were unable to partake in all the Taiwanese delights that were being sold in the streets. So instead, we shopped and wandered among the locals.
The following day was Wednesday. We only had a half day left in Taipei, as we were flying to Kaohsiung that afternoon. But before the day could begin, Jason and I got a frantic phone call. "I can't find our passports," said Jason's mom. I told her to look in every nook and crany of every piece of luggage she and Jason's dad brought, even if they thought there was no chance the passports could possibly be there. In the meantime, we retraced their steps with them and I tried to find out if they would be able to get on the plane that afternoon without their passports. I had photocopies of the 2 "lost" passports and the information for the American Institute in Taiwan (the local U.S. "consulate" office), so that if the passports were indeed lost, I knew we could take care of getting replacement passports.
About an hour later, we get another call, "I found the passports." Turns out, Jason's mom had stashed the passports in a "hidden" zippered pocket in her new purse so that she wouldn't lose them.
After the chaotic morning, we had breakfast, checked out of the hotel and left our luggage in the lobby, and headed out for some more sightseeing. Fist stop on the agenda: Chiang Kai-Shek Memorial. Second stop on the agenda: 228 Peace Park. There, we met up with one of my cousins, who took us to the third and final stop on our agenda: Chinese Handicraft Mart.
But time with my relatives was way too short. By 12:00, my cousin had to head back to work and we had to head back to the hotel to catch our shuttle to the airport.
1 Comments:
And then what happened? Inquiring Hottie readers want to know.
Post a Comment
<< Home